My name is Xi Fang and I am a PhD student at the biomedical engineering department of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Before starting my PhD, I obtained Bachelor’s degree in Information Security from the School of Computing at Wuhan University. During my undergraduate period, I conducted two internships and got accessed to lots of cutting-edge technologies and state-of-the-art theories relevant to medical imaging and image processing. My research focus is medical image processing, which includes feature recognition, detection and segmentation. More specifically, I will be concentrating on disease detection from 2-D and 3-D medical images for the next few years. I believe that my research will assist medical professionals and help to achieve more intelligent diagnosis and treatment in the future.
Honors and Awards:
- MICCAI 2022 Young Scientist Award
- MICCAI 2022 Student Travel Award
- Medical image segmentation and analysis
- Deep learning
- Doctoral student, Biomedical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2018 - present
- B.S. Information Security, Wuhan University, China, 2018